Finding the perfect journal is hard! So I have a few different ones that I add to when I feel like it. Here is my latest -- it's got thick watercolor pages and chipboard covers. I cut up a pad of watercolor paper into fourths and then used the bind-it-all to put the journal together. Ended up with two journals, one for me and one for my best bud, Dee :-)The first thing that I worked on in mine was inserting a compass. I got some cute scruffy little compasses from skybluepink a while back and have been thinking on how to get them into a journal. I cut circles out of half the pages and then glued the compass to the back cover:
I was able to get a good pic of that cause I finally found the MACRO function on our camera. (it's only been about a year since we got it, lol!) The holes fit right over the compass, how fun! It may be a challenge to incorporate the compass in to so many pages, but I'm going to give it a shot. Here is the first spread that I've done in it, with Copic markers and multiliner. The words are lyrics from "These Days" by Nico.



I came across your blog via the Art Slam flickr group. I just wanted to say I love this journal entry. Beautiful!
ReplyDelete