Friday, February 22, 2008

WIP ATCs

Here are three ATCs I made for a personal trade. The theme: Under the Sea. First, I cut printed papers into strips and glued them on to ATC blanks with a glue stick:
Next, I smeared on off-white acrylic paint, put on a few accents with permanent markers, and covered the cards with two different acrylic glazes; blue on top, brownish on the bottom:

Then I used solvent ink over stencil waste to add some "bubbles." I drew fish, an octopus, and a mermaid on copy paper (used stamps for the mermaid's hands and tail), colored them in with markers, and glued them onto the cards with gel medium. I painted tissue paper for seaweed, and added a few highlights with gel pens. Then I stuck on a few words with my label maker:

Very fun to make! The end result was a lot different than I expected in step one, but I like them a lot.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you are doing and have to show too! I have such fun at ATC's for all.com Art is a big part of my life. I'm happy we have something in common. Happy play time to you and lots of it! Hugs, Dar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work!! How cool to see that every layer changes the cards completely :)

    ReplyDelete