ATCsforAll.com is having a get together in Indianapolis in June. I am super excited about it because members are coming from all over the US and even from Canada and Australia. There will be art workshops and lots of trading! I have finally started getting ready by making up some fabric ATCs. I figured flowers is a theme that a lot of people collect, and I've been wanting to try out this technique again ever since I realized that my machine has the option to drop feed dogs and do free motion.

It took a while for me to figure out exactly how to get my machine to do free motion (I think I need to find a new foot) but even so it went a lot faster than the last time I tried these with just a straight stitch and lots of starting and stopping and rotating the fabric. I'm really happy with how these are turning out. I'm adding lots of beads, which I never do for cards that get sent in the mail.



woohoo! Can't wait for June! I can't tell what machine you have, but if it's a Bernina they recommend the open-toed embroidery foot or similar.
ReplyDeleteIt's a Kenmore machine -- I think I need a darning foot. Hehehee, darned foot! :-) Nothing like that came with it, so I'm not sure if they make one for it.
ReplyDeleteAaah they are gorgeous! You know it took me an age to learn how to freewheel on my new machine but it is sooo much fun. We need to trade some day soon!!! :)*
ReplyDeleteThese are so cool!
ReplyDelete