Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm a bad blogger

I haven't been posting regularly, and I missed two whole months! Does this make me a bad blogger? I'm a blogger that doesn't blog.

I got a blog because I enjoyed looking at other people's blogs. It started when I read a few blogs by people that I know, then I got a copy of Artful Blogging. I really wanted to have a blog like that -- like the beautiful blogs featured in the magazine where they featured beautiful artwork, like the blogs my friends had where I got to know them better than I did before. So I got a blog. And don't know what to do with it.

It turned out that getting a blog was super easy -- all but the picking your name thing. I wanted something to do with mixed media, since that's what I've been playing with lately, but all the addresses with that were taken. So I got mixing-katie and named the blog Mixed Up, and figured that it was pretty appropriate: I'm messing around in mixed media but don't really know what I'm doing. Also, I'm at a place where I need to decide where my "career" is going, and I'm not sure about that. We're going to move relatively soon and don't know where we'll go. I want to take my "art" more seriously, but don't know if it's worth it. So many decisions, and I'm not sure about any of them. So Mixed Up seems like a good name for me.

3 comments:

  1. :( I would miss your blog!! Could you use a collaborator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Missy - Whats this? I've never known you to be negative... ever!

    So lets think about this one
    >>>

    Imagine all those scraps of paper are your life so far, where you've been, where you are now and where you are heading to.

    Putting those pieces together requires confidence, a huge mess {at times) and very sticky fingers (from all that glue, paint etc.) but the end result is so worth it.

    You have years ahead of you too enjoy building up all those pieces - then you can enjoy the most beautiful collage of all.

    Don't worry and don't push yourself into that awful stressful place. If you need me, I'm here bird. :)

    ReplyDelete